California College Bound is a provider of an interactive computer service, as defined in the U.S.C 47, Section 230. This means its liability for others’ conduct and use of content or information within its website(s) is limited as described therein.
Violation of this Agreement constitutes a violation of the copyright and trademark laws applicable in the United States and is subject to penalties according to US copyright protection laws.
Trademarks and Copyright Protected Material
The violation of infringement of intellectual property rights is governed by the law of the United States.
The use of any trademark or copyright protected content on the website Cacollegebound.com must be in accordance with this policy and the applicable laws for the protection of these trademarks and copyright protected content.
Trademarks include: logos, tag lines, the name cacollegebound.com and California College Bound. By displaying these trademarks, California College Bound is not granting any license or right to use these trademarks.
The technology that is the basis of the website cacollegebound.com and its content is solely owned by California College Bound and its licensors and is protected by copyright and any other intellectual proprietary rights.
Both visitor of the website and participant of the tours need the express written permission of California College Bound in order to make use of the trademarks or any other copyright protected content from the website cacollegebound.com.
Only Personal Use is Authorized
Under this Agreement, California College Bound gives express permission to the access and use of our services for personal use only.
Any visitor of the website or participant of the tours may not modify, reformat, copy, display, distribute, transmit, publish, license, and create derivative works from cacollegebound.com. This includes, transfer or the sale of any information from the website.
Mirroring or displaying copyrighted content or trademarks on a website, needs prior consent from California College Bound.
Linking to cacollegebound.com
Linking to Cacollegebound.com is allowed for marketing purposes, and under the following conditions:
- the terms of this Intellectual Property Policy are met;
- the given trademark, banner, button or logo may only direct to Cacollegebound.com, and not to any other website;
- only the logo provided by Cacollegebound.com may be used;
- it is not permitted that the California College Bound logo is changed, including alterations that lead to confusion with other marks and websites;
- the following alterations are permitted: localize the text of the logo and changing its size.
Defamation, Copyright and Trademark Claims
California College Bound is according to the definition of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (hereinafter: DMCA) a service provider. Pursuant to the DMCA, California College Bound has appointed an Agent Directory who is authorized to receive notifications of alleged infringement of copyrights, trademarks and/or other violations of intellectual property rights.
When California College Bound receives a notification of an alleged infringement or violation as stated above, such a notification must include the following info:
- a description of the copyrighted work that is the subject of infringement;
- a description of the infringing material and information sufficient so that California College Bound can locate the alleged material;
- your contact information, including your address, telephone number and email address;
- a statement containing why the material on which the subject of your notification is based, is not authorized by the copyright owner or by any law;
- a personal statement, signed under punishment of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you have the authority to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed;
- a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
The failure to include all of the preceding information may result in the delay of the processing of the DMCA complaint.
California College Bound shall promptly comply and follow any order regarding a copyright infringement notification or claim. In the event we receive a request to remove certain content from our website, California College Bound may address and assess such requests on an individual basis.
Next steps and Counter Notification
In the event California College Bound receives a copyright infringement complaint, we will take all possible steps to disable access to the infringing material on our website.
If according to the person responsible for the content that violates certain copyrights, believes he or she is authorized to use this material, these persons are by virtue of law entitled to file a counter-notification. California College Bound shall respect this counter-notification when it is valid and met under the following conditions:
- Identification of the material in question, including the location where the material appears;
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that you have in good faith the belief that the material in question was identified as a copyright violation as a result of a mistake or misidentification, including the reasons you believe this to be true;
- Your full name, address, and telephone number, along with a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the initial notification;
- Your signature;
- Send the written communication to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.