A 2015 study by the Higher Education Research Institute shows that 60.1% of incoming college freshman indicated that it is very crucial that the college they select will help them get a good job after graduation.
California Institute of Technology
California Institute of Technology has a well earned reputation for innovation in science and technology. The university sits at number 4 in U.S News lists of the Best Undergraduate Engineering programs and number 8 for best value schools. The majority of California Institute of Technology graduates go into high earning STEM-related positions upon graduation.
California Institute of Technology’s Career Center offers workshops to assist its graduates in the process of searching for a job, including a session on networking effectively through the use of social media and how to connect with recruiters.
Starting Salary for California Institute of Technology Graduates:
- The average starting salary for California Institute of technology graduates is $68,400
- California Institute of Technology ranks number 3 in colleges with the highest paid graduates
Harvey Mudd College
Harvey Mudd College is famed for its engineering and computer science programs. The college ensures students are prepared for graduation with a curriculum that seamlessly blends the humanities and social sciences with math and science.
Harvey Mudd College features a global job search guide that is developed by experts, in cities across the world, as a way to help its students navigate the intricacies of finding jobs internationally. A large number of Harvey Mudd College graduates go into STEM fields when they graduate.
Starting Salary for Harvey Mudd College Graduates:
- The median starting salary for Harvey Mudd College graduates is $76,300
- Salary report ranks Harvey Mudd College number 1 for overall return on investment and number 2 for mid-career salary in 2015 – 2016 College Salary Report
- Harvey Mudd College is further ranked number 1 for ‘Best career placement’ by the Princeton Review
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo is one of the most comprehensive universities in the US. With approximately 18,000 undergraduate and 900 graduate students, the university’s curriculum combines technical and professional training with arts and science.
97% of California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo graduates find employment after graduation and secure an average starting salary of $50,000. The university boasts one of the highest alumni earnings rankings in the world.
Starting Salary for California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo Graduates:
- Starting salary of $50,00 upon graduation
- The university has been ranked number 13th best public university for a master’s degree by US News for the last 22 consecutive years
- According to a recent graduate status report, 94% of the 2015 – 2016 school year graduates had a positive outcome after graduation with 73% already finding full-time employment
- According to Forbes, Cal Poly SLO graduates have a 99% employment rate
Stanford University is a private research university whose proximity to Silicon Valley gives its students’ an early entrepreneurial edge. A report by Ed Careers shows that alumni from the class of 2016 have already secured employment at 151 organizations located in 20 states and seven countries. A report by QS World University rankings places the class of 2018 as the most employable graduates in the nation.
Starting Salary for Stanford University Graduates:
- College salary report places Stanford University graduates early career salary at approximately $77,200 (60% higher than many other four year schools)
- QS Graduate Employability rankings place Stanford University at number one for excellence in engaging with employers
Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University is the earliest operating institution of higher education in California. The school is located in the heart of Silicon Valley. A survey of the graduates from the class of 2016, revealed that six months after graduation:
- 70% of the graduates were employed full time
- 10% were attending graduate school full time
Starting Salary for Santa Clara University Graduates:
- Pay scale indicates that graduates of Santa Clara University earn $63,800 in their early career
- More than 61,000 employers recruit Santa Clara University students each year through the career center programs and job board
- 90% of the employers say that Santa Clara University graduates have teamwork skills.
Higher education is an investment. It is great to attend university and delve deeply into a field of study that you are passionate about, but it is even more reassuring to know that you will have a job! So what is the reputation of your prospective university in the job market? What is the employability of the alumni of your desired institution?