San Francisco is the cultural, commercial, and ﬁnancial center of Northern California. San Francisco Bay Area is known for its cool summers, steep rolling hills, and as a world class innovation hub. San Francisco Bay Area, is a global center of the sciences and arts. Many of the world’s largest Tech companies are located in San Francisco such as Google, Apple, Facebook, Tesla etc. Additionally, hundreds of startups and venture capitalist ﬁrms are located in the San Francisco Bay Area. In addition to being a center of innovation, many highly ranked Universities can be found in San Francisco such as Stanford University (#6) and University of California, Berkeley (#22).
Attending the College Prep Summer STEM Program is a critical entry point for students seeking admission to selective American university STEM programs. The goal of the College Prep Summer STEM Program is to enhance students skill sets through classroom based instruction and a Silicon Valley guided internship experience. The college prep Summer STEM Program encompasses volunteer experiences, resume writing, SAT preparation and speciﬁc knowledge skills courses.
Each cohort will consist of thirty five students. Students will have an opportunity for a guided internship in a fortune 1,000 corporation, a technology venture capital ﬁrm or a funded tech business. By joining the College Prep Summer STEM Program, students have an opportunity to gain in-depth resources and networking experiences in Silicon Valley. Courses are taught by experienced professionals and distinguished educators with a proven track record.
Students will have real world work experience in a fortune 1000 company, tech corporation, venture capitalist firms or funded startup company. Students attending the program will receive a recommendation letter from a senior staﬀ leader after completing their internship experience.
Students will work on a social volunteer project with local non proﬁt organizations to help solve problems or issues utilizing technology. Students will present their project to a panel of judges to gauge the eﬀectiveness of their project. Student groups will receive a recommendation letter after completing their volunteer experience.
- Each year, the college prep Summer STEM Program accepts a limited number of students and provides invaluable information and work experience for students.
- Students accepted must have a recommendation letter from their STEM teacher and counselor
- International students joining the program must have a minimum TOFEL score of 75 or higher. International students studying in the United States or an English speaking country for 1 year do not need a TOFEL score.
- Students must be in their 10th or 11th grade year of high school during the summer of 2020. Outstanding 9th grade students who meet above requirements may also apply.
- Opportunity for students to intern in a fortune 1000 corporation, start up company or a venture capital firm internship. Opportunities for students to meet and network with executives, investors, professors and leaders throughout the Silicon Valley region during program.
- Students build critical resume writing skills, internship experience and SAT exam preparation skills.
- Students receive a recommendation letter from their corporate internships, volunteer recommendation letter and program lead after successful completion of the summer program.
- All internship programs are in tech related ﬁelds. The college prep Summer STEM Program is designed for students that have a passion to study and have a career in the STEM ﬁelds.
Do you provide transportation to/from the venue?
Yes. We provide complimentary shuttle service from the airport to campus.
Is housing available for student attendees?
Yes. All housing is included. Students will stay in campus dormitory housing
What are the companies and where will students can have their internship?
Fortune 1000 companies, venture capital ﬁrms, funded startup companies and organizations making a diﬀerence within the TECH world. Students will get the chance to work as an intern in 1 company ( 20 hours) and join an internship project
to solve real world social problems. All internships will be confirmed two weeks prior to arrival.
What happens at the end of my internship?
You will receive three letters of recommendation from your internship supervisors and educators
How will this program beneﬁt my child’s future ?
This program will give your child insight into the TECH world, allow your child to network with motivated students throughout the United States and the world and allow your child to have real work internship as well volunteer experience that will enhance their college applications.
Are Scholarships Available?
Scholarships are available on a limited basis to merit students. We encourage all students to apply.