University of Southern California Programs
The University of Southern California has also produced some of the best business leaders and professionals in the region. USC has a total of 42,469 students and an acceptance rate of 16 percent, which makes it the most selective academic institutions in the nation. The University of Southern California has been ranked, multiple times in the top 25 of all universities in the United States.
Academics at University of Southern California
University of Southern California offers a wide range of courses, ranging from humanities to sciences. The majors are:
- Arts and Humanities
- Social Sciences
- Natural sciences
- Engineering, Computer, Quantitative, and Technical Sciences
Location of University of Southern California: City of Angeles
University of Southern California is located in Los Angeles. The main campus is located at the University Park district of Los Angeles. Besides the main campus, USC has a second campus called the Health Sciences campus, as well as several others, which are not too far apart.
Los Angeles, commonly referred to as L.A is the financial, cultural, and commercial center of Southern California. It is the most populated city in the United States, after New York, with an estimated population of 3,976,322 residents. L.A is located in a large coastal basin encompassed on three sides by mountains and is famous for its mild climate, sprawling metropolis and ethnic diversity.
Beautiful Sites to Visit Near USC
Los Angeles has some amazing attractions and the University of Southern California is lucky to have many nearby, including:
- The Shrine Auditorium is famous for hosting some of the biggest events in the entertainment industry: Grammy Awards, Academy Awards, BET Awards, Soul Train Music Awards, My VH1 Music Awards, and more have been hosted in this magnificent building. The Shrine Auditorium seats approximately 6,300 people.
- Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena is located a few meters away from USC. This arena has been the home court for basketball teams, as well as hosted uncountable sporting events, including: WrestleMania, NBA All-Star games, and more.
- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is located across the street from the University of Southern California. The stadium is home to USC’s Trojans football team and a temporary home of the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League (NFL). The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum hosted the 1984 Olympic games opening ceremony and various events throughout the games.
University of Southern California at a Glance:
- Location: Los Angeles
- Private research university
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Student enrollment: 42,469
- Annual tuition: $53, 448
- Ranking: top 25 in USA
- For more information, visit: www.usc.edu
California College Bound Programs: Visit University of Southern California