Pomona College Programs
Established in 1887, Pomona College is the founding member of the Claremont Colleges Consortium. The interconnectedness of the Claremont Colleges Consortium exposes students to a broad range of experiences and individuals. Students of the Claremont Colleges Consortium share libraries, counseling services, and sport center facilities with students from:
- Harvey Mudd College
- Pitzer College
- Claremont McKenna College
- Scripps College
Academics at Pomona College
Pomona College offers a broad range of disciplines, with: 48 majors, 42 minors, and 600 courses to choose from. They include but are not limited to:
- African Studies
- Asian Studies
- Media Studies
- International Relations
California College Bound participants interested in engineering are encouraged to apply to Pomona College because it offers students a chance to cross register with Dartmouth College, Washington University, and California Institute of Technology. Business students are eligible to cross register at Harvey Mudd College and Harvard Business School.
Location of Pomona College: Claremont
Pomona College is situated at the base of San Gabriel Mountains and is adjacent to the popular “village”, a common place for students to spend time in the town of Claremont. Claremont enjoys annual weather averages of 72°F/22°C. The school sits on 140 acres of land, with all Claremont College Consortium schools within walking distance of each other. Recognized for its safety and convenience, 94% of Pomona College students choose to live on campus.
Beautiful Sites to Visit Near Pomona College
Claremont is located 10 minutes from Ontario International Airport, making it very accessible for family and friends to visit. Some of Claremont’s nearby attractions:
- Claremont Hills Wilderness Park is suitable for hiking and mountain climbing.
- Candlelight Pavilion Dinner Theatre
- Ruth Chandler Williamson Gallery
- Claremont Farmers and Artisans Market sells fresh farm produce, jewelry, and more.
- Cucamonga Park
- Raymond Alf Museum of Paleontology
- Rancho Santa Ana Botanical Garden is ideal for picnics and outdoor activities.
- Folk Music Center
Pomona College at a Glance
- Location: Claremont
- Private Liberal Arts College
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Student enrollment: 1,660
- Annual Tuition: $53,000
- Rankings: 10th Best Undergraduate College in USA
- For more information, visit: www.pomona.edu
California College Bound Programs: Visit Pomona College