Cal Poly Pomona was established in 1938. Prior to that, it had been a vocational high school by the founder, Myron Angel. As more students joined the military during World War 2, the campus closed its doors in 1943. The school re-opened at the conclusion of the war. Currently, the study body at Cal Poly Pomona totals: 23,731 undergraduate students and 1,595 postgraduate students. Housing is available for students on campus and all accommodations are located within walking distance to various facilities.
Academics at California Polytechnic State University, Pomona
At Cal Poly Pomona an average class consists of 27 students. Cal Poly Pomona boasts the following departments:
- College of the Extended University
- College of Engineering
- College of Business Administration
- Don B. Huntley College of Agriculture
- College of Education and Integrative Studies
- College of Environmental Design
- College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences
- College of Science
- The Collins College of Hospitality Management
These departments offer 94 bachelor’s degree programs, 39 master’s degree programs, 13 teaching credential programs, and 1 doctorate degree program.
Tuition at California Polytechnic State University, Pomona
64% of undergraduate students have their tuition fee fully covered through financial aid. California College Bound prospective students can apply for financial aid through: Bronco Scholarship Application, Dream Application, and FAFSA. Annual tuition is approximately $6,000.
Location of California Polytechnic State University, Pomona: Pomona
California Polytechnic State University, Pomona is located in Pomona, California. Pomona experiences an average temperature of 27°C and has a population of 149,058 people. Pomona is approximately 27 miles from Los Angeles.
Beautiful Sites to Visit Near California Polytechnic State University, Pomona
California College Bound participants looking for a lively town, with a lot of sites to visit will love Cal Poly Pomona.
- Pomona Farmers Market for fresh farm produce and fruits.
- Fox Theatre Pomona
- Latino Art Museum
- Farm Store at Kellogg Ranch
- Homage Brewery
- A. County Fair
- Chalk Art Festival
Cal Poly Pomona at a Glance
- Location: Pomona
- Public polytechnic university & California State School
- Undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate degrees
- Student enrollment: 25,236
- Annual tuition: $6,000
- Ranked: 10th Most Diverse Colleges in America
- For more information, visit: cpp.edu