CSU Long Beach has a student population of 35,000 undergraduates and 6,000 graduate students. The vast majority of students live off campus in Long Beach, or nearby Huntington Beach. Long Beach State is a great fit for California College Bound participants with an interest in: Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Liberal Arts, and Business Administration
Academics at Cal State Long Beach
California State University, Long Beach offers 82 bachelor degrees, 65 master degrees, and 4 doctoral degrees within the following departments:
- College of Arts
- College of Continuing and Professional Education
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Engineering
- College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- College of Education
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business Administration
Tuition at Cal State Long Beach
Annual tuition costs $24,610 for in state residents. 71% of students receive financial aid achieved through scholarships, such as California Student Aid and Federal Student Aid programs. California College Bound participants looking to graduate with low student debt, should consider California State University Long Beach, since this institution is ranked 11th nationally, for low debt rates amongst alumni.
Location of California State University, Long Beach: Long Beach
California State University, Long Beach is located in Long Beach. Long Beach is a port and coastal city in Southern California, located 30 minutes away from the city of Los Angeles. Residents of Long Beach enjoy free rides aboard the Long Beach Transit Transport Bus or opt for the Metro Blue Line Train, which connects different areas of the city.
Beautiful Sites to Visit Near California State University, Long Beach
The Long Beach area has a lot to offer! As a coastal city, days can be spent at the beach or at other nearby fun attractions, which include:
- Catalina Island
- Earl Burns Miller Japanese Gardens
- Aquarium of the Pacific on Rainbow Harbour
- The Queen Mary, a ‘retired’ luxury ocean liner docked at the shores of Long Beach Harbour, is both a tourist attraction and a beautiful hotel with spa amenities.
- Shoreline Village is a picturesque community with bars, cafes, shops, boutiques, and restaurants.
- Parker’s Lighthouse has many restaurants for food lovers.
- Long Beach Antique Markets. Set on 20 acres, has many shops: decor items, jewellery, vintage collectibles, and retro furniture. The market also hosts a flea market, every third Sunday of the month.
- Tequila Jack’s
- Long Beach Museum of Art
- Long Beach Annual Leadership Prayer Breakfast is an annual event that brings Long Beach residents together to exchange ideas and pray.
Cal State Long Beach at a Glance
- Location: Long Beach
- California State School
- Undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees
- Student enrollment: 41,000
- Annual tuition: $24,610
- Ranked: 79th Best Public Colleges in USA
- For more information, visit: csulb.edu