San Diego State University Programs
The universities infrastructure is phenomenal. Many of the building at the university are listed on the national register of historic places.Some of the buildings include:
- Aztec Bowl: the stadium cost $500,000 to complete in 1935. The open air stadium contains 4,280 seats.
- Hardy Memorial: this is one of the most iconic and recognizable buildings on campus at San Diego State. The building resembles a Spanish bell tower and houses the Campanile chimes. The building was home to the university’s original library and featured painted murals.
San Diego State university has more than 400 education programs, in over 52 countries. The university is nationally recognized for its veteran’s programs, helping more than 3,000 veterans and their families. San Diego State sends more students abroad as Fulbright scholars more than any other university.
Academics at San Diego State University
When San Diego State was established, the objective was to educate local women to become elementary school teachers. The curriculum was limited to History, English, and Mathematics. The university, now offers a broad range of subjects consisting of 190 undergraduate courses, 91 master’s programs, and a total of 22 doctoral degrees. San Diego State offers more doctoral degrees than any other of the 23 campuses, associated with the California State system. Also, it enrolls the largest doctoral student body in the system.
The student to faculty ratio at the university stands at 27:1 and the school ensure. 26.9% of the classes have less than 20 students. Student retention rate at San Diego State University is 89%, a clear indication of high-level satisfaction with the services offered at the university.
Some of the majors offered at San Diego State, include:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Asian Studies
- Comparative Literature
- Construction Engineering
San Diego State University is a research university renowned for:
- Participating in the research of understanding and treating heart diseases.
- Engineering brain controlled robotic devices and alternative energy solutions.
- Studies of health issues like autism, childhood obesity, and fetal alcohol syndrome
- Their dedication of time and resources, to seek more understanding about bacteriophages.
Tuition at San Diego State University
San Diego State’s annual tuition is approximately $7,460. Scholarships and grants are accessible to students, with an estimated 53% of the student body receiving some form of financial aid.
San Diego State University Accolades
- San Diego State is designated as a doctoral university with higher research by the Carnegie Foundation.
- San Diego State is truly exceptional. A report compiled by academic analytics, has placed the school as the number one small research university in the US for four consecutive years.
- San Diego State is home to the highest number of Fulbright Scholars in the state of California since 2005.
- SDSU has produced 65 Fulbright student scholars.
- San Diego State ranks amongst the top universities for diversity within the student body, both ethnically and racially. The university, also, leads in the number of bachelor’s degree awarded to minority students.
San Diego State University at a Glance
- Location: San Diego
- Public Research University & California State School
- Undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees
- Student enrollment: 34,688
- Annual tuition: $7,460
- Ranked: 140th of all universities in the USA, 100th Best Value School, & 89th Best Colleges for Veterans.
- For more information, visit: https://www.sdsu.edu
California College Bound Programs: Visit San Diego State University