California State University, Fresno stands out from the other 22 campuses for its uniqueness. The campus has a planetarium and vineyards that produce raisins and wine grapes, along with a commercial winery. The commercial winery has won more than 300 awards for its student made wines, since 1997. Fresno State has the third-largest library in terms of square footage in the California State University system.
Academics at Fresno State
California State University, Fresno offers 2 different teaching credentials, 12 certificates of advanced study, bachelor’s degrees in 60 areas of study, 3 doctoral degrees, and 45 master’s degrees. Undergraduate degrees and programs are offered in the liberal arts and sciences, such as:
- Health Science
Tuition at Fresno State
Annual tuition is based on the number of units taken and residency status. In state residents pay $19,771, while out of state residents pay $30,931.
Location of California State University, Fresno: Fresno
Fresno State is located on the northeast edge of Fresno, California. The city of Fresno is the fifth largest in California and the 34th most-populous city in the nation. Fresno was named after the ash trees lining the San Joaquin River. Fresno has hot, dry summers and cool winters. July is the warmest month while December and January are the coldest months. The transport system in Fresno is very reliable. Modes of transport are air, rail, and bus.
Beautiful Sites to Visit Near Fresno State
California State University, Fresno is fortunate to be surrounded by beautiful sites. The university is within an hour’s drive of many mountains, parks, and resorts.
- Yosemite National Park covers an area of 747,956 acres. It is internationally recognized for its granite cliffs, clear streams, waterfalls, lakes, mountains, and biological diversity. On average, about 4 million people visit this beautiful park each year!
- Woodward Park was founded by a Fresno resident known as Ralph Woodward. The park lies on 300 acres of land. If you are a bird enthusiast, Woodward Park should be on your bucket list since this beautiful park is home to numerous bird species. The park has a multi-use amphitheater, fenced dog park, playgrounds, a lake, multi-purpose trails, and exercise course.
- Kings Canyon National Park is located in the Southern Sierra Nevada mountain range, east of Fresno, California. The park sits on 461,901 acres. Kings Canyon is a wide glacial valley with beautiful waterfalls, meandering rivers, and tall cliffs. Some of the animals that call Kings Canyon National Park home are: the gray fox, mule deer, chickaree, and black bear.
California State University, Fresno at a Glance
- Location: Fresno
- California State School
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Student enrollment: 24,405
- Annual tuition: $19,771
- Ranked: 25th by Washington Monthly in the “2016 Rankings-National Universities.”