Academy of Art University offers associate, bachelors, and master’s degrees in twenty-five subject areas. Students unable to attend classes on campus have the option of online courses. The Academy of Arts University has been participating in the NY Fashion Week, since 2005. The university owns the Academy of Art University Automobile Museum, which is home to the world’s rarest and most valuable vintage cars. Beyond academics, the school has built talented athletes. Academy of Art University produced Canadian Olympic Sprinter, Mobolade Ajomale. The Academy of Art University participates in the NCAA division 2 category.
Academics at Academy of Art University
Academy of Art University solely teaches in the areas of design, communication, and the arts. The most popular majors at Academy of Art University include:
- Fashion/ Apparel Design
- Interactive Technology
- Video Graphics and Special Effects
- Cinematography and Film/Video Production
The philosophy at Academy of Art University is to hire art and design professionals to teach and mold students. Academy of Art University has a total of 8,303 students. Males account for 43% of the student body, while females comprise 57%. The vast majority of students live off campus, while 15% of the students choose to live in the college owned, affiliated, or operated houses.
Tuition at Academy of Art University
Academy of Art University tuition and fees are $26,490 per year. The university offers financial aid to 40 percent of its students and the average grant award is approximately $10,870.
Location of Academy of Art University
Academy of Art University is located in the heart of San Francisco, California. The main campus is located in the South Market District. San Francisco is the ideal city for emerging artists and designers.
San Francisco has an estimated population of 870,887 residents. The city’s cool summers, steep rolling hills, fog, architecture, and historical landmarks attract a large number of tourists. San Francisco is ranked the second most walkable city in the United States and is home to some of the most enduring performing arts companies in the country. California College Bound participants can rest assured, San Francisco is a safe place to be.
Beautiful Sites to Visit Near Academy of Art University
Did you know San Francisco attracts the fifth-highest number of foreign tourists of any city in the United States? San Francisco is a popular tourist destination thanks to its outstanding landscape and architecture.
Some of the cities most beautiful attractions are:
- Golden Gate Bridge is one of the most internationally recognized symbols in San Francisco. This bridge connects the San Francisco Bay and the Pacific Ocean. The Golden Gate Bridge is one of the Wonders of the Modern World. One travel guide describes the bridge as, “the most beautiful and most photographed bridge in the world”!
- Alamo Square Park is home to the famous “Painted Ladies”, a well-known postcard motif. On a clear day, Alamo Square has incredible views of Transamerica Pyramid, Bay Bridge, and the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Lombard Street is famous for its steep, one-block section with eight hairpin turns that allows the street to claim fame as ‘the crookedest street in the world’.
Academy of Art University at a Glance
- Location: San Francisco
- Private University
- Associates, Bachelors, and Master’s Degrees
- Student enrollment: 8,303
- Annual tuition: $26,490
- For more information, visit https://www.academyart.edu