University of California, Riverside Programs
The University of California, Riverside student body is comprised of 8,279 undergraduate and 3,721 graduate students. UC Riverside enrolls the highest number of African-Americans among the ten University of California system. The University of California, Riverside has three residential halls and six apartment complexes, available for students desiring to live on campus. 13% of students participate in Greek life, and there are 375 student organizations recognized by the university administration.
Academics at University of California, Riverside
The University of California, Riverside’s faculty includes 19 Guggenheim Fellows, 48 Fulbright Fellows, and 49 National Endowment for the Humanities Fellows. The university offers: 88 undergraduate majors, 37 master degree programs, 17 teaching credentials, and 39 Ph.D. programs in the following departments:
- School of Public Policy
- School of Business
- Bourns College of Engineering
- Graduate School of Education
- School of Medicine
- College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
Tuition at University of California, Riverside
Annual tuition is estimated at $15, 675. Room and board can be an additional $10,000 per year. The University of California, Riverside is ranked as an affordable public institution with the best financial aid plan for its students. Over 85% of students receive various forms of financial aid, and half of the enrolled students graduate without debt.
Alumni of University of California, Riverside
The UC Riverside is home to notable alumni including:
- Billy Collins the 11th USA Poet Laureate
- Charles Young, the first student president at The University of California, Riverside who later became the chancellor of University of California, Los Angeles.
- Richard Schrock, Nobel Laureate winner in Chemistry 2005
- Steve Breen, Pulitzer Prize winner 1998 and 2009.
Location of University of California, Riverside: Riverside
The UC Riverside is located in the city of Riverside, which is ranked as the eighth coolest town in the USA. The city is located 60 miles east of Los Angeles and is the 59th most populous city in the USA.
Beautiful Sites to Visit Near University of California, Riverside
Riverside hosts annual and biannual events, bringing residents together. It is also home to fascinating sites, such as:
The Fox Performing Arts Center
- California Museum of Photography
- Van Buren Drive-In Theatre
- The Riverside Dickens Festival
- The Riverside Airshow
University of California, Riverside at a Glance
- Location: Riverside
- Public Research University
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Student Enrollment: 18,279 undergraduate and 3,721 graduate students
- Annual tuition: $15,675
- Ranked: #1 for financial aid and affordability
- Ranked: #14 Standout College in America
- Ranked: #80 Best Big College in America
- For more information, visit: ucr.edu
California College Bound Program, Visit: University of California, Riverside