University of California, Merced Programs
University of California, Merced is a research university dedicated to research, service, and teaching. UC Merced is setting new standards for energy efficiency, water conservation, and environment preservation on campus. University of California, Merced has more than 2,100 of its students living on campus and has an impressive 20:1 faculty to student ratio.
Academics at University of California, Merced
University of California, Merced is comprised of three schools:
- School of Natural Sciences
- School of Engineering
- School of Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts
The university offers 23 undergraduate majors and 25 minors. For graduate level programs, UC Merced offers programs in 11 emphases:
- Biological Engineering and Small-scale Technologies
- Applied Mathematics
- Cognitive and Information Sciences
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Chemistry, and Physics
- Environmental Systems
- Social and Cognitive Sciences
- Quantitative and Systems Biology
- World Cultures
Tuition at University of California, Merced
In state tuition fees at the University of California, Merced are $13,598. 94% of the students at the UC Merced receive some form of financial aid. The average total aid awarded is $20, 699 per year.
Location of University of California Merced: Merced
The University of California, Merced is situated in San Joaquin Valley. The university is approximately two hours south of Sacramento, an hour north of Fresno, 90 minutes west of Yosemite National Park, and two hours southeast of San Francisco and Silicon Valley. Some of the attractions that surround UC Merced are:
- Merced National Wildlife Refuge covers an area of over 10,000 acres and hosts a varied collection of flora and fauna, along its vastly differing terrain.
- The Community Theater is run by the community and it also serves the community. The theater is visited by more than 40,000 people each year, and it is one of the top attractions in Merced.
- County Courthouse Museum hosts 8,500 square feet of exhibits that explore the history of Merced County and its surroundings. The museum occupies a three-story courthouse building. The courthouse building is one of the oldest buildings in California, having been built in 1875.
- Lake Yosemite is a beautiful man-made reservoir. The lake is used by boaters and fishermen. The Sierra Foothills provide a stunning backdrop for Lake Yosemite.
Alumni of University of California, Merced
The University of California, Merced Alumni Association is comprised of almost 6,200 living members. Membership is conferred upon successful completion of the undergraduate or graduate degree.
University of California Merced at a Glance
- Location: Merced
- Public Research University
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Student Enrollment: 7,325
- Annual tuition: $13,598
- Ranked: 87th Top Public School
- For more information, visit: ucmerced.edu
California College Bound Program, Visit: University of California Merced