University of California Irvine Programs
The University of California, Irvine participates in the National Collegiate Athletic Association, in the Division one category. They are also members of the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation and The Big West Conference. The UC Irvine, Anteaters have won 28 national championships in various sports.
Academics at UC Irvine
The University of California, Irvine is fully accredited by the Senior Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The university offers graduate programs in 81 majors and 74 minors through the following undergraduate departments:
- College of Health Sciences
- School of Social Ecology
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Humanities
- School of Engineering
- School of Arts
- School of Business
- School of Information and Computer Sciences
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Law
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Sciences
- Program in Public Health
- School of Medicine
- School of Education
For 12 consecutive years, University of Irvine Medical Center has been ranked among the nation’s top 50 best hospitals.
Tuition at UC Irvine
Tuition fees at UC Irvine are charged per academic year. California residents pay $15,516, while non-residents of California are charged $43,530. Room and board are an additional $14,829 for both residents and non-resident
Location of University of California Irvine: Irvine
The University of California, Irvine is located in the city of Irvine, in Orange County. Irvine has a population of 258,386 people and is headquarters to several international companies, such as: Toshiba Corporation, Mazda Motor Corporation, KIA Motors, and BenQ Corporation.
The city of Irvine has three public libraries that University of California Irvine students can use to supplement their notes and research materials. Every October, the city of Irvine holds ‘The Irvine Global Village Festival’, where residents come together to sample various cultural foods and entertainment.
- In 2017, Irvine was ranked by .com as the 10th best city to live in the USA.
- In 2014, Irvine was named as the best run city in the USA by 24/7 Wall Street.
Beautiful Sites Near University of California, Irvine
The University of California, Irvine is set nine miles away from the Pacific Ocean making it convenient for swimmers, surfers, and students who love the beach. Irvine has interesting attractions, such as:
- Irvine Bowling Lanes
- William Mason Regional Park
- Newport Beach Pier
- Farmers Market
- William Woollet Jr. Aquatics Centre
- Oak Creek Golf Club
Alumni of UC Irvine
The University of California, Irvine has produced notable alumni which include:
- Bart Kosko, a hybrid intelligent system expert
- Bill Leonard the former senator for the State of California
- Audra Strickland a California State Assembly women
- Van Tran a California State Assembly man
- Michael Chabon the 2001 Pulitzer Prize-winning author
- Peter Wild a poet, historian, and professor of English at the University of Arizona
- John Andrew McLean, a Scottish filmmaker.
University of California, Irvine at a Glance
- Location: Irvine
- Public Research University
- Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees
- Student Enrollment: 32,754
- Annual tuition: 15,516 for residents while nonresidents pay $43,530
- Ranked: #16 best colleges for veterans
- Ranked: #42 best colleges in national universities
- For more information, visit: www.uci.edu
California College Bound Programs, Visit: University of California, Irvine