Biola University Programs
Biola University is set on 96 acres of land at its La Mirada campus. The university received its accreditation status in 1961 from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission.
Academics at Biola University
Undergraduate students at Biola University are required to take 30 units of biblical studies. Upon graduation, students receive a minor of Theological and Biblical Studies. Biola University offers over 40 majors, across its six departments:
- Talbot School of Theology: programs in this department have been accredited by the Association of Theological Schools since 1977.
- School of Arts and Sciences: programs in this department gained accreditation in 1998 from the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- Crowell School of Business: both undergraduate and graduate level programs received accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools in 1997.
- School of Education: graduates of this department have the option of earning a bachelor of art in elementary education or multidisciplinary, as well as, certificates in special education.
- Rosemead School of Psychology: the department gained its accreditation status from the American Psychological Association in 1980.
- The Torrey Memorial Bible Conference: a conference organized to impart the word of God and increase students’ spiritual growth.
Life on Campus at Biola University
Biola University organizes various events throughout the academic year, and they include:
- Gospel Fest: a gathering of gospel artists, worship bands, and choirs from churches and colleges across Southern California.
- Poetry Lounge: an event organized, every semester, where students perform their own poetry.
La Mirada Community Regional Park: provides a tennis court, a baseball field, and a golf course.Cook School of Intercultural Studies: degrees range from bachelors to doctoral programs in linguistics, missions, and intercultural studies.
Tuition at Biola University
Biola University charges its undergraduate students a sum of $48,686 per academic year. This amount covers tuition, board, and room. Graduate school fees vary depending on the courses taken. 90% of students access financial assistance through various scholarships and federal grants.
Alumni of Biola University
Notable alumni from Biola University include:
- John Thune, a prominent American politician and the current senator of South Dakota.
- Henry Cloud, a renowned American Christian author.
- Tim Worrell, a professional baseball pitcher.
- Judith Hill, a famous American singer and songwriter.
- Larry Tieu, a professional basketball player.
Location of Biola University: La Mirada
Biola University is located in La Mirada. La Mirada has a population of 49,216 residents and experiences an average temperature of 24 degrees Celsius.
Beautiful Sites to Visit Near Biola University
La Mirada is a beautiful town with endless attractions, including:
- Sola Soul: an annual concert showcasing spoken word, graffiti art, hip-hop culture, and music.
- Ralph B. Clark National Park: provides baseball, volleyball, and tennis courts, as well as picnic gardens.urnbull Canyon: popular among hikers and runners.
- The Missions Conference: athree-day conference encouraging students to become missionaries. It is the second largest mission conference across the globe.
Biola University at a Glance
- Location: La Mirada
- Private Christian University
- Undergraduate Degree
- Student enrollment: 5,319
- Annual tuition: $48,686
- Ranked: 3rd Most Friendly Student Body
- For more information, visit: biola.edu
California College Bound Programs, Visit Biola University