University of San Francisco Programs
Although the University of San Francisco is founded on firm religious traditions, the university welcomes students of ‘every faith’ and ‘no faith’. Of the universities approximately 10,101 students, less than half are Catholic. Students at University of San Francisco are encouraged to extend their education out of the classroom through service learning and internships by participating in the local community and social projects.
Academics at University of San Francisco
The university offers over a 100 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The university has a student to faculty ratio of 14:1 and approximately 51% of the classes have fewer than 20 students. The programs consist of 44 majors and 46 minors, in the following schools:
- School of Management
- School of Nursing and Health Professions
- College of Arts and Sciences
The most popular majors at University of San Francisco include:
- Business Administration and Management
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science
- International Relations and National Security Studies
- All students are also required to take theology and religious studies courses.
The most notable education feature at the University of San Francisco is the center for Global Education.
University of San Francisco coordinates the application process for its international programs, as well as
organizes financial aid and the process of transferring credits.
Tuition at University of San Francisco
The annual tuition at University of San Francisco is $42,634. The university offers extensive financial aid opportunities for its students.
- 72% of all undergraduates receive some form of financial aid.
- 25% of the students are awarded Pell grants.
- 82% accessed institutional grants
- 83% received other forms of financial aid.
Location of University of San Francisco: San Francisco
The University of San Francisco rests on a scenic 55-acre location, near the famous Golden Gate Park in downtown San Francisco. The university overlooks the Pacific Ocean and is conveniently located near the cities of: Oakland, Berkeley, and Silicon Valley. Students attending San Francisco University enjoy the vibrant activities that a large city has to offer. Life
on campus offers: sporting events, live music, a dorm room with a view, meals made from scratch at various eateries, and art galleries.
Alumni of University of San Francisco
A growing network of 105,900 alumni reside throughout the United States and 129 countries. University of San Francisco has produced: 270 US judges, a former US senator, two Pulitzer Prize winners, a California lieutenant governor, an Olympic medalist, three NBA halls of famers, three NFL hall of famers, and a former president of Peru.
University of San Francisco at a Glance:
- Location: San Francisco
- Private Catholic university
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Student enrollment: 10, 101
- 1:14 Teacher to student ratio
- Annual tuition: $42, 634
- Ranked #1: Best College Location in California
- Ranked #7: Most Diverse Colleges in United States
- 71% graduate rate (national average is 48%)
- For more information, visit: www.usca.edu.
California College Bound Program: Visit Vanguard University of Southern California