Notre Dame de Namur University Programs
In 1868 Notre Dame de Namur University received a charter to offer bachelor degrees to women, the first college in California to do so. In 1955, Notre Dame de Namur University received its accreditation status from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior Colleges and University Commission. In 2015, the university established a new campus in Tracy, California that offered evening classes for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in business administration. Notre Dame de Namur University is the first university in the USA to offer Ph.D.’s in Art Therapy.
Academics at Notre Dame De Namur University
Notre Dame de Namur University has three colleges/departments, which offer: 19 undergraduate majors and 23 minors, 9 masters degree programs, and four credential programs. An average class size, is made up of 17 students. Total enrollment is estimated at 1,691 undergraduate and graduate students.
The departments include:
- School of Education and Psychology
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Business and Management
Fun fact: 95% of the faculty at Notre Dame de Namur University holds doctorate degrees.
Tuition at Notre Dame De Namur University
Undergraduate tuition costs $33,926 per academic year, while graduate students pay $896 per unit. 95% of students at Notre Dame de Namur University access financial aid through scholarships, grants, and work-study. The following support is available to undergraduate, postgraduate and credential student:
- Direct loans
- NDNU Grants
- Cal Grants
- NDNU Merit Scholarships
- Direct Plus Loans
- Federal Work Study
- Endowed Scholarships
- Federal Pell Grants
Location of Notre Dame de Namur University: Belmont
Notre Dame de Namur University is located in Belmont, California. Belmont has a population of 27,081 residents as per the 2010 census.
Beautiful Sites Near Notre Dame de Namur University
Belmont and the San Francisco Bay area provide students an enjoyable time both in and out of class. Students can visit the following sites:
- Twins Pines Park hosts recreational centers, picnic areas, and hiking trails.
- Water Dog Lake Park has amazing trails for running and hiking.
- North Beach San Francisco for surfing and swimming.
- Los Prado’s Park has picnic areas, a field for athletes, and athletic courts.
Notre Dame de Namur University at a Glance
- Location: Belmont
- Private Catholic University
- Undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees
- Student enrollment: 1,691
- Annual tuition: $33,926
- Ranked: 66th Best Value College in California
- For more information, visit: ndnu.edu
California College Bound Program: Visit Notre Dame De Namur University