Marymount California University Programs
The college is home to 1,099 undergraduate students. Female students represent nearly 54% of the student body population. Marymount California University offers a four-year fast track program, allowing students to graduate in four years with a Bachelor of Arts and Master’s Degree. A student may pursue an undergraduate course and then, in their junior year, began their coursework for a graduate degree.
Two facilities make up Marymount California University’s residential communities. Two-story fully furnished town homes, can hold more than 400 students and staff. The Pacific View apartments overlook the port of Los Angeles, accommodating 90 upperclassmen. With incredible views and unique campus location, many Hollywood production companies have chosen Marymount California University as the location for professional television, film, and commercial shoots. The money received by the university is extended to students in the form of scholarships and other forms of financial aid.
Students organization form an integral part of the Marymount University community. The university diverse clubs and organization, include:
- Marymount Pride (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Club): The clubs objective is to provide an atmosphere for LGBT students and friends to socialize and exchange ideas in a safe environment.
- Rotaract Club: The purpose of Rotaract is to create an opportunity for students to enhance skills and knowledge that will boost their personal development and their communities.
- Student Veteran Organization: The purpose of the organization is to build an open, friendly atmosphere for veterans, their dependents, and other students who support veterans. The club provides tools, assistance, and training to university’s veterans.
Academics at Marymount California University
Classes at Marymount California University are comfortable and intimate, with a faculty-student ratio of 1:18. The learning environment includes state of the art facilities and professors who go beyond the call of duty to invest in their students’ education. Marymount California University offers six undergraduate programs including:
- Bachelor of Arts in Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Film and Media Production
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts
Tuition at Marymount California University
Tuition at Marymount California University is estimated at $ 35,309 annually.
Beautiful Sites Near Marymount California University
- Glass Church/Wayfarers Chapel overlooks the Pacific Coast. It was designed by the son of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Catalina Express transports visitors to Catalina Island, an hour away from Marymount California University.
- Pales Verdes Estates Shoreline Preserve Beach
- Vincent Thomas Bridge
- Redondo Beach Whale Watching Tours
- Aquarium of the Pacific
Marymount California University at a Glance
- Location: Palos Verdes
- Private Catholic University
- Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees
- Student enrollment: 1,099
- Annual tuition: $35,309
- For more information, visit: http://www.marymountcalifornia.edu
California College Bound Programs: Visit Marymount California University