University of San Diego Programs
The philosophy of the University of San Diego believes that studying in a beautiful surrounding improves the academic experience of the students. As a result, the buildings in the university are designed in the 16th Century Spanish Renaissance architectural style. The University of San Diego campus provides beautiful views of Mission Bay.
Students of San Diego University are grouped into nine living-learning communities. The communities are a group of students that live together, take some classes together, and undertake activities based on a particular theme. The themes include: Social Justice, Faith and Reason, and Sustainability
Academics at University of San Diego
California College Bound has established the University of San Diego offers more than 60 bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees in the following schools:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Engineering
- School of Nursing and Health Science.
- School of Peace Studies
- School of Law
- School of Leadership and Education Sciences
- Division of Professional and Continuing Education.
The most popular majors include:
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communication and Journalism
- Computer and Information Sciences
- English and Literature
- Legal Studies
The student-faculty ratio is 14:1 and the university has 48.8% of its classes containing less than 20 students. The average retention rate is 89%, and the four-year graduation rate is 66%. The school has been ranked top 50 best business schools for eight consecutive years by Bloomberg Business Week.
Tuition at University of San Diego
Tuition at the University of San Diego is $35,950 per year. 94% of the students receive some form of financial aid. The average merit grant is $14,700.
Rankings at University of San Diego
Forbes list has ranked University of San Diego as follows:
- 157 top Colleges
- 116 in private colleges
- 79 in research universities
- 31 in the west
Location of University of San Diego: San Diego
University of San Diego students are indeed immersed by beautiful surroundings. The university has great entertainment with many free on-campus concerts and carnivals. The weather is typically warm and sunny, all year. The students, therefore, have plenty of time to indulge in fun recreational activities. Students of San Diego are few minutes from museum, music, and culture.
Beautiful Sites Near University of San Diego
- Mormon Battalion Historic Site
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park
- Fashion Valley Shopping Center
- Mission Bay Park
- Balboa Park
Alumni of University of San Diego
- Robert Kardashian: Lawyer of OJ Simpson and father to the reality stars, The Kardashians
- Carlos Bustamante: Major of Tijuana
- Jonathan Campus: American NFL player
- Salvatore Corleone: Canon Law Archbishop of San Francisco
- Kris Bryant: Baseball player
- Theo Epstein: President of Baseball Operations for the Chicago Cubs.
University of San Diego at a Glance
- Location: San Diego
- Private Roman Catholic University
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Student enrollment: 5,711
- Annual tuition: $35, 950
- For more information, visit: sandiego.edu
California College Bound Programs: Visit University of San Diego