Indeed, a student with a healthy social life will no doubt perform well academically.
What Are the Best Colleges for Social Activities in California?
Loyola Marymount University
Loyola Marymount University is renowned for being an extraordinary student-centered learning community. Loyola Marymount University’s, Los Angeles location, puts students at the forefront of Los Angeles culture. With prime access to the beach and a year-round warm climate, students can easily engage in fun activities year round.
The college boasts numerous fraternities and sororities, including: Alpha Delta Gamma, Sigma Chi, Sigma Lambda Beta, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Beta Theta Phi, Delta Sigma Phi and Phi Delta Theta. The campus also features sororities that are affiliated to the National PanHellenic conference: Alpha-theta, Delta Gamma Delta, Zeta Kappa Alpha Theta, Beta Phi, Delta and Alpha Chi Omega. Campus sororities affiliated with National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations include Lambda Theta Nu and Sigma Lambda Gamma.
One of the fun traditions at Loyola Marymount University is the freshman birthday toss for first-year students. At midnight, on a student’s birthday, groups of students join together and throw the Person in the fountain near the center of the campus.
The university holds residents housing associations events such as the Harvest Festival and Lollapalooza. After sunset, students of Loyola Marymount University love to hang out by the Sacred Heart Chapel while they drink smoothies and enjoy the breeze from the ocean.
Loyola Marymount University also features numerous events, such as:
- Monday Movie Nights: Students watch a film and are allowed a Q and A session with the creators of the featured movie
- Live Presentations by local comedians and musicians
University of Southern California
University of Southern California boasts one of the most dynamic and talented student populations in the country. The university features more than 750 clubs and organizations, intramural, club, and division one sports teams, as well as Greek life, arts and cultural events.
Fun fact: University of Southern California has been ranked among the top 50 colleges with the happiest freshmen by college choice.
The university has a student enrolment of 43,000 students. The Greek community makes up a fifth of the student body. The university features 23 fraternities and 12 sororities that are affiliated with the Interfraternity Conference and PanHellenic conference. The university features numerous social activities and events.
The university features numerous traditions and events:
- The Marching Band: the spirit of Troy has been featured in 10 major movies as well as performed in both the 1932 and 1984 summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
- Song Girls: University of Southern California Song Girls was founded in 1967. They appear at all football, basketball and volleyball games as well as other sporting events and alumni functions.
- The Annual Foundation Run for the graduating class. The class tries to hit all the four fountains in one hour.
- Visions and Voices offer events each Tuesday, including magic shows to notable key note guest speakers
- The Spring Festival takes place in April every year.
Other social groups at University of Southern California include:
- The Acapella groups
- Discipleship groups
- Global health club
University of Southern California also holds numerous philanthropy and social benefits for the surrounding community. For instance, Troy Camp, where students of the University of Southern California take inner-city kids out of summer camp to participate in fun activities.
University of San Diego
University of San Diego location offers perfect opportunities for fun activities. San Diego neighbors some of American’s most amazing beaches, such as La Jolla and Pacific Beach. Students can also explore Balboa Park, the biggest urban cultural park in the country. The school features outdoor adventures program that organize group excursions, kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, and snorkeling.
The University of San Diego also features community activities and special events that promote a healthy lifestyle. Some of the activities featured in the program include:
- Private workout and wellness classes such as yoga, boot camp, Zumba, hip-hop, massage and nutrition
- Olympic style obstacles courses and field game scavenger hunts
- Sports games such as volleyball, ping pong, and capture the flag.
- Workshops featuring stress reduction, techniques and meditation
- Pick up sports and other informal but structured activities
University of California, Santa Barbara
University of California, Santa Barbara’s beach front location makes it ideal for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy surfing, sand volleyball, and hiking. Univerity of California, Santa Barbara is ranked one of California’s top party schools and holds Halloween Isla Vista, which spans the entire weekend and draws approximately 20,000 – 40,000 students and visitors to Diego Playa.
The university also hosts Floatopia, the first weekend of April each year. Students of the University of California, Santa Barbara connect hundreds of inflatable rafts and lounges in the waters of Isla Vista’s beach. The celebration continues into the night with De-playa-Topia
Other social groups and events at the University of California Santa Barbara include:
- NSCS (National Honors Society): The society conducts many community service events for the surrounding communities.
- Arts and lectures series
- Events at the cultural center
Republished by Blog Post Promoter